We were eating at El Torito one night, and I mentioned to the waiter how much I loved their corn cake, and the waiter gave me this simple recipe. It's moist and delicious, and it's a must serve with every Tex Mex or Mexican meal I cook!
- add 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- add 1/4 cup milk
- add 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn (not whole kernel)
- add 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- Mix all ingredients together very well.
- Pour into greased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.