These are delicious cornish game hens, They take awhile to parpare ,but, are worth it. I have tripled the recipe. these are a family favorite. I found the recipe some time ago on the web.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add salt and pepper
- add 2 Cornish hens
- add 1/2 cup peach preserves (can use Apricot)
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 1/3 cup salt
- add basil
- Cut the hens down the backbone (split).
- Brine the hens: dissolve the salt in water,put hens& salted water into large bowl.
- (I usually put them into a large plactic bag) refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove hens, Rinse thoroughly, pat dry, prick the skin allover the breast and legs with point of paring knife.
- Melt the butter in small pan& mix with preserves.
- Add salt, pepper& basil.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place hens in shallow pan (I usually line pan with foil for easy clean-up).
- Rub hens with butter.
- Spoon butter& preserve mixture over hens.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes.