Very nice dinner party for 8, yummy with rice pilaf and a spinach salad.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- add 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- add 1 tablespoon soft non-hydrogenated margarine
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- add 16 cloves
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- add 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 8 small Cornish hens
- add 16 lemon wedges
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- (if using dried herbs, use 1 teaspoon of each).
- Place 2 whole garlic cloves and 2 lemon wedges in each hen.
- In a small bowl, combine oil,smashed garlic, rosemary, sage, tarragon, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Gently separate skin from breast and thigh of each hen and rub meat with herb mixture.
- Rub any extra over skin.
- Arrange birds on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Roast birds in a preheated 400 degree oven for 45 minutes or until well browned and cooked through.
- Baste occasionally.
- Place birds on a platter and transfer pan juices to measuring cup.
- To make sauce, remove fat from pan juices.
- Place juices in a saucepan with stock, soy sauce and worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil.
- Cook a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and margarine.
- Stir into sauce and cook until just slightly thickened.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Serve hens with sauce on the side.