Oh My!!! These enchilidas are too good to be true! I found this recipe on another recipe site and I just had to tell others about it! All of my guests love this dish. Just be careful, they're filling!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 12 flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- add 1/2 cup sour cream
- add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- add 1 pinch ground black pepper
- add 2 cups cottage cheese
- add 1/2 cup onions
- add 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- add 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese
- add 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, boiled and shredded or ground beef
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To make meat mixture: Heat oil in medium saucepan, add either cooked shredded chicken or ground beef.
- (If using ground beef, cook until browned).
- Add onion and saute and add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions.
- To make cheese mixture: Combine sour cream, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- To assemble enchilidas: Take a bit of the meat mixture, cheese mixture, and shredded cheese and roll.
- Place the enchilidas in a 9x13 baking dish, with folded edge on bottom of pan.
- Top tortillas with any remaining meat or cheese mixture or shredded cheese.
- Pour the enchilida sauce over tortillas.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- (If using flour tortillas, the ends will become a little dark, but that is OK).