This recipe has been in our family for so many years, I no longer remember where it came from. It's easy and quick and people seem to really enjoy it.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 ounces fried onions, crushed or 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- add 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- add 2 cups cottage cheese (not lowfat)
- add 2 eggs
- add salt
- add 1 prepared unbaked pie shell (store bought, such as Pillsbury)
- add pepper
- add 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese
- Bake pie shell at 400 degrees for about 3-5 minutes.
- Combine rest of ingredients except fried onions.
- Stir to mix.
- Place mixture in pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fried onions (or breadcrumbs).
- Return to oven and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Remove and let stand for 5 minutes.