Hearty, stick-to-your-ribs pie.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- add 1 tablespoon butter or bacon fat
- add 1 cup beef stock or bouillon
- add 1 tablespoon oil
- add 1/4 teaspoon sage
- add 2 lbs ground beef
- add 5 medium potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- add 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- add salt and pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- add 2 onions (finely chopped)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown the beef in oil.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Drain most of the accumulated fat from the pan.
- Sauté onions until tender, and then add chopped tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth and stir in herbs and seasonings.
- Return brown meat to skillet and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Transfer all ingredients to an ovenproof casserole.
- Top with mashed potatoes (scoring them with a fork.) Dot with butter and bake uncovered in 375-degree oven for 30-40 minutes.