A great recipe - made from ground beef and potato. all ages love this and come back for more. so easy to freeze,
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 lbs mashed potatoes
- add 1/2 pint beef stock
- add pepper
- add 2 onions
- add 4 ounces mushrooms
- add 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- add salt
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
- add butter
- add 1 large carrot
- add 3 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- add milk
- add 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- add 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- Heat oil in saucepan, add 1 onion,carrot and mushrooms,stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Add beef to pan and cook stirring with a fork until sealed and brown.
- Add the stock, bay leaf, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Simmer gently for an hour, reducing liquid and thicken if necessary. place in ovenproof pie dish and allow to cool
- Cook potato, with 1 diced onion, when cooked Mash the potato , adding butter, milk, Parsley,pepper and saltand to taste.
- spreadthe mash evenly over the meatPlace in hot oven for approx 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- serve on its own, or with extra added cooked vegetables.
- *If freezing,justadd the mashed potato, after you have defrosted the meat when ready to put in the oven.