Make it as spicy or as mild as you wish. Nice presentation, changed to our tastes, originally from Tom Bridge - What's cooing Chicken
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup sliced carrots
- add salt
- add 2 sprigs thyme
- add 2 sprigs rosemary
- add 4 chicken quarters
- add cayenne pepper
- add 2 tablespoons melted butter
- add 2/3 cup stout beer or dark beer
- add 2 bay leaves
- add 6 medium potatoes
- add 1 cup diced smoked bacon
- add 1 large onion
- Remove skin from chicken quarters if desired.
- Arrange a layer of potato slices in the base of a wide casserole.
- Season with salt and cayenne, then add the thyme, rosemary and bay leaves.
- top with the chicken quarters, then sprinkle with the diced bacon, onion, and carrots.
- Season well with salt and cayenne and arrange remaining potato slices on top, overlapping slightly.
- Pour over the stout or beer, brush the potatoes with the melted butter, sprinkle with salt and cayenne and cover with lid.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300 degrees for about 2 hours, uncovering for the last 30 minutes to allow fhe potatoes to brown.
- Serve hot.