This recipe provides a crisp and tasty coating your bound to love.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 bowl cold water
- add 1 lb catfish nuggets or catfish fillets
- add 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- add 1 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1 cup cornmeal mix
- add 2 cups canola oil
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a 10 inch cast iron skillet to 350°F.
- Combine all (DRY) ingredients in a large bowl.
- Dip cat fish in cold water, then coat with Dry mix.
- Place Cat fish in hot oil carefully not to burn your self, (do not over crowd fish).
- Fry till golden brown (about 5 to 10 minutes), remove to drain on paper towels.
- Serve with TarTar sauce and lemon wedges on the side.
- Suggested side dishes, Fried Potatoes& Onions,and Golden Hominy and Hush Puppies.