I love to make copy cats from restaurants so I can have them whenever I want. These are very good as posted but for a change you might like to add chopped green onion and/or red bell pepper. I serve these with my Roasted Garlic Aioli recipe.
- add 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- add 1 egg
- add 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- add 2 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- add 1 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1 1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- add 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- add 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- add flour
- add 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- add 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- add 1 lb crabmeat
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat together first 9 ingrediants.
- Fold in breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Fold in crab meat.
- Form into aprox 6 crab cakes (can make smaller ones for appetizers).
- Lightly coat patties in flour on both sides.
- Deepfry crab cakes in 350°F oil till browned on both sides.
- Serve w/ garlic ailoi.