I have always loved the stuffed mushrooms from Red Lobster so I created my own version which I have enjoyed even more!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- add 12 ounces flaked crabmeat
- add 4 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- add 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- add 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- add 1 egg
- add 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- add 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- add 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- add 24 large white mushrooms
- add 2 teaspoons parsley
- add 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- add 1/2 cup melted butter
- add 1/4 cup olive oil or melted butter
- add 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- add 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Spray a 9" x 12" glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Use an additional baking dish if needed.
- Drizzle olive oil or butter in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean.
- Remove stems, set aside caps and chop stems to add to filling.
- In a medium bowl, mix crabmeat, chopped mushroom stems, onion, dry mustard, 1 cup parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, red and black pepper, and garlic salt.
- Mix well and then stir in egg and mayonnaise.
- Use a small cookie scoop to mound filling onto each mushroom cap.
- Melt butter and mix in garlic salt and drizzle over the filled mushrooms.
- Mound a generous portion of the shredded parmesan cheese on top of each filled mushroom.Note: For softer, melted cheese, you may want to use mozarella cheese or brick cheese for the topping.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 425°.
- Best served hot.
- Can be prepared ahead, refrigerated and then baked just before serving (add 7-10 minutes additional baking time).