I found this recipe in the 1991 edition of the Australian Women's Weekly. It has been a family favourite ever since. A very good recipe to fall back on to if you forget to defrost some meat for dinner.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- add 2 hard-boiled eggs
- add 1/3 cup plain flour
- add 30 g butter
- add 1 1/2 cups stale breadcrumbs
- add 1 small chicken stock cube
- add 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- add 1/3 cup tasty cheese
- add 4 green shallots
- add 1 cup frozen peas
- add 1 (425 g) can chuncky style tuna (drained and flaked)
- add 60 g butter
- add 2 1/2 cups milk
- add 1/3 cup grated tasty cheese
- Gently melt butter in pan.
- Stir in flour over heat until dry and grainy.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk and crumbled stock cube- stir over heat until sauce boils and thickens.
- Stir in cheese, tuna, pepper, peas and shallot.
- Gently fold in eggs.
- Pour into a oven proof dish (6 cup capacity) Combine topping ingredients in a seperate bowl.
- Sprinkle mornay with topping.
- Bake in a moderate oven about 25 minutes or until topping is browned and mornay is heated through.