If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 5 shallots (6 oz), coarsely chopped
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- add 2/3 cup sugar
- add 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- add 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- add 1 (12-oz) bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- Cook shallots in oil in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until berries just pop,
- 10 to 12 minutes, then cool.
- Cooks' note:
- Chutney may be made 1 week ahead and chilled, covered.