For your next Turkey, Ham or Chicken dinner try this instead of the usual canned cranberries. It can be addictive!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 teaspoons salt
- add 3 cups cranberries
- add 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- add 1/2 cup chopped onions
- add 2 whole cloves
- add 1 cup raisins
- add 1 cup white vinegar
- add 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried chilies
- add 1 cup water
- add 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 1 cup white sugar
- add 1/2 cup candied peel
- add 1 cup dark brown sugar
- In a saucepan combine; vinegar, water, white and brown sugar, lemon juice and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add cranberries, raisins, candied peel, onions, garlic,cloves, celery seed, ginger and chillies.
- Boil gently, stirring often, uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars,seal, hot water bath for 15 minutes, good for up to a year.
- You can make this recipe put in jars and refrigerate for up to one week but if you want to keep it longer do the water bath.