This is a variation of my recipe #79692.This uses whole cans or jars of ingredients so it's more user friendly, nothing left over.This will make 1 9" pie plus 26 tarts.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (700 ml) jar mincemeat
- add 24-26 prepared tart shells (store bought is fine)
- add 1/3 cup orange liqueur or orange juice (Cointreau is good)
- add 1 (398 ml) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- add 1 9 inch pie shell
- add 1 orange, zest of
- In saucepan, combine mincemeat and cranberry sauce, stir constantly till almost boiling on medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Grate orange zest, peel orange and chop segments.
- Add orange zest, chopped orange and liqueur.
- Spoon into tart shells and place on baking sheet.
- Fill pie shell and use top crust or make fancy cut-outs with pastry.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven for about 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- For pie bake for about 35 minutes.
- I can only fit 1 pie and 1 sheet of tarts at a time in my oven so cooking time includes the 2nd pan of tarts while pie is still cooking.