This unique and delicious cranberry sauce can be prepared up to 1 week ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- add 1 2/3 cups ruby port
- add 1/4 cup golden brown sugar
- add 8 dried figs
- add 3/4 cup sugar
- add 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- add 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- add 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium saucepan and bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Discard rosemary.
- Mix in cranberries and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until liquid is slightly reduced and berries burst, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes; cool.
- Transfer sauce to bowl; chill.
- This recipe yields about 3 1/2 cups.