This recipe came from another website. It makes a lot so is good for a potluck or large gathering. Make sure to use the whole amount of spinach or to cut back on the dressing if using less spinach. When I take this somewhere, I usually take the dressing in a jar and dress the salad right before serving. Note: This is not good leftover.
- add 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- add 1 cup dried cranberries (I use one bag of Craisins)
- add 3/4 cup almonds
- add 2 teaspoons minced onions
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- add 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- add 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- add 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- add 1 lb spinach
- Melt butter in saute' pan over medium heat, add almonds and stir until lightly toasted; set almonds aside to cool.
- Toast sesame seeds in same pan and then set aside to cool.
- Mix salad ingredients.
- Mix dressing ingredients and toss with salad ingredients just before serving.