This is so good! The cream cheese melts into the apple pie filling, and tastes almost custardy. I usually use wheat tortillas and light cream cheese because that's what we have in the house.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add powdered sugar (optional)
- add 1/3 cup apple pie filling
- add 1 medium white flour tortilla or wheat flour tortilla
- add vanilla ice cream (optional)
- add whipped cream (optional)
- add 1 tablespoon cream cheese or light cream cheese
- add cinnamon (optional)
- add 1/2 teaspoon butter
- Spread cream cheese on one side of the tortilla, completely covering it, using more around the edges, as this will help seal in the pie filling.
- Pour the filling on top of the cream cheese layer and cut apple slices into 1/2 inch pieces with a spoon or butterknife.
- Sprinkle pie filling with cinnamon, if desired.
- Fold tortilla over, gently pressing the edges to seal.
- Brush one side with the melted butter, and put the tortilla, butter side down, into a skillet pre-heated to medium.
- While that side is grilling, brush the unbuttered side with the remaining butter.
- Grill until golden, flip, and grill the other side until golden.
- Remove from skillet and serve with powdered sugar, whipped cream, ice cream, and additional cinnamon, if desired.