If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 125 gm Butter
- add 125 gm Cream Cheese
- add 100 gm Sugar
- add 1 tbsp Black treacle
- add 3nos Eggs
- add 2 tbsp Fresh milk
- add 200 gm High Protein Flour
- add 1 tsp Baking Powder
- add 250 gm Mixed Fruits
- add 25 ml Rum
- add 50 gm Chopped Walnuts
- add 50 gm Flour (for coating)
- Soak Mix Fruits and Rum overnight.
- Soften butter and cream cheese to room temperature before use.
- Sift together the high protein flour and baking powder.
- Preheat oven at 180C. Lightly grease a 7 inch square cake tin and line with greaseproof paper (or Baking paper).
- In the mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs into the mixture slowly, one at a time until well combined after each addition to prevent curdling.
- Add sifted flour into mixture slowly and continue beating until mixture look silky. Add black treacle and fresh milk into mixture until well combined.
- Slightly coat soaked mix fruits with a little extra flour and add into the mixture. Add the chopped Walnuts as well.
- Use wooden spoon or spatula to mix well. It is normal if you find mixture become pretty sticky after adding the mix fruits and nuts.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and level the surface.
- Bake just below the centre of moderate oven, 180C for 45 minutes or until a skewer, inserted into the centre of the cake, comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin to cool slightly before turning out on to wire rack. When completely cold, wrap in foil, seal tightly (or put in a food container) and store in refrigerator.
- **Allow cake brings to room temperature before serve, or you can eat it cold if you like.