This is a lovely moist pound cake I got the recipe from a friend I used to work with. Perfect plain or with fruit or ice cream.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon almond extract
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- add 1 1/2 cups butter (softened)
- add 3 cups sifted cake flour
- add 3 cups sugar
- add 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- add 6 large eggs
- *note:Please do not be tempted to use low fat anything.
- The cake will fall and be very gummy.
- Cream butter and cream cheese for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add sugar and beat thoroughly.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each egg.
- Add flour and flavoring, Mix until well blended.
- Grease and lightly flour a 10" tube pan and pour batter into pan.
- Place cake in a cold oven.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hour at 285 degrees.
- No matter how tempted DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR WHILE BAKING!
- Cool for 20 minutes in pan after removing from oven.