This is the absolute best Chipped Beef i've ever had. If you don't like sherry, that can be omitted.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups hot milk
- add 3 tablespoons butter
- add 1/2 lb dried chipped beef
- add 3-5 drops Tabasco sauce
- add 3 tablespoons peeled chopped yellow onions
- add 3 tablespoons flour
- add 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- add black pepper
- add 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In heavy saucepan, melt the butter and saute the yellow onion until clear.
- Stir in the flour with a whisk and then the hot milk, stirring all the time until the mixture thickens.
- When the mixture is thick, add the remaining ingedients and heat for a moment.
- Serve over toast.