Posted for ZWT 2006. Recipe comes from Justin Wilson's Homegrown Louisiana Cookin.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 vegetable oil
- add 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- add 1 dash louisiana hot sauce or ground cayenne pepper (to taste)
- add 2-4 ounces blue cheese
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- add 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- add 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or lemon juice
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together the oil and mayonnaise until completely blended.
- Add the lime juice and beat some more.
- Add vinegar and beat again.
- Stir in sour cream, blue cheese, salt and hot sauce.
- Serve over your favorite salad.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.