These are popular at my get togethers, everyone really loves and there is never any left. Great for weekend snacks too. Prep time includes chilling time.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- add 3/4 cup mayonnaise (reduced fat is okay, do not use fat-free)
- add 3 cups finely diced cooked chicken
- add 1/2 cup red bell peppers
- add 3/4 cup peeled seeded and diced cucumbers
- add 6 green onions
- add 3 celery ribs
- add 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- add 84 slices fresh white bread or whole-wheat bread
- add pepper (I use 1/2 tsp)
- In a medium size bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese and the mayo until well blended (I use a whisk).
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the chicken and the next 7 ingredients.
- Cover, and chill for 4 hours.
- When ready to prepare the sandwiches (after 4 hours), cut the crusts off of the bread slices.
- Using cookie cutters, or assorted metal shaped cutters (medium-size round biscuit cutters work great too), cut the bread slices into desired shapes.
- Spread half of the bread shapes with the chicken mixture, and top with the matching shape.
- Roll the sandwich edges in chopped fresh parsley if desired.
- Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap until ready to use.
- Will stay for 24 hours, so they can prepared a day ahead, just make sure that the bread is very fresh.
- Note: this recipe makes quite a lot of sandwiches, so the recipe may be cut in half if desired.