This makes a creamy, rich salad dressing that is also great as a dip. I found it at the Treasure Cave Cheese website.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill (or 1/4 tsp. dried)
- add 1/2 cup sour cream
- add salt and pepper
- add 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- add 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- add 1/4 cup buttermilk or milk
- add 5 ounces feta cheese
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 1 green onion
- With a fork, mash the cheese and buttermilk together until it resembled the consistency of cottage cheese.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit, covered, in the refrigerator at least a few hours to blend flavors.
- If it's too thick, just add a little milk until it's the texture you desire.
- This is sooo good on a salad with fresh greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, slices of red onions, and kalamata or ripe olives.