Thanks to Bert for the inspiration for this recipe, which is very easy to make if you need a quick meal. You can add any veggies you like to this dish.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 medium tomatoes
- add 2 large mushrooms
- add 2 tablespoons oil
- add 150 g pasta (penne works well)
- add 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- add 1 spring onion
- add 200 g ricotta cheese
- add 1/8 cup milk
- add 1/2 cup green peas
- add 1 small zucchini
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling and throw in the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a small sauce pan and put in the white part of the spring onion.
- Fry for about 30 seconds and then add the tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and let cook for about 10 minutes, adding a spoonful of water if the tomatoes get too dry, until you have a sauce.
- While the tomatoes are simmering, you can lightly fry your veggies in the other tbsp of oil.
- When the tomatoes have cooked down, add the ricotta, milk and hot sauce.
- Blend with a hand blender to make the sauce smooth.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Top with the veggies, green part of the spring onion and parmesan cheese if desired.
- Salt and pepper to taste.