Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
Recipe from Food and Wine.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame
- add 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- add 2 medium shallots, very finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- add 3 garlic cloves, minced
- add 1 cup arborio rice
- add 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth, warmed
- add 1 cup lager beer, such as Budweiser
- add Salt and freshly ground pepper
- add Three 3/4-ounce wedges Laughing Cow cheese
- 1. Bring a small saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the edamame and cook until tender, about 5 minutes; drain.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the shallots and garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until slightly translucent, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Mix the chicken broth with the beer and season generously with salt and pepper. Add 1 cup of the beer broth to the rice and cook over moderately high heat, stirring constantly, until nearly absorbed. Continue adding the broth, about 1 cup at a time, stirring until it is absorbed before adding more. The rice is done when it?s al dente and suspended in a thick, creamy liquid, about 17 minutes total. Add the edamame and cheese and stir until the cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper and serve right away.