This recipe is adapted from Epicurious.com It tastes just like the dish at our favorite Chinese restaurant!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Marinate 3/4 lb. uncooked med. shrimp, shelled and cleaned in
- add 1 egg lightly beaten
- add 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- add 1 tsp. minced shallot or sweet onion
- add 1 tsp minced garlic
- add 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- add 1/4 tsp. 5-spice powder (available in most Asian aisles in market)
- add Make Sauce:
- add Stir all together in a med. bowl until smooth:
- add 1/2 C. mayonnaise
- add 2 tsp. honey
- add 2 tsp. soy sauce
- add 1 tsp. lime juice
- add 1 tsp. sesame oil
- add 1/4 tsp. mustard powder
- add Oil for deep frying
- add 1/4 C. glazed walnuts (available in specialty aisles)
- Pour oil into wok or deep fryer to 3 inches and heat to 375 degrees. Slip the shrimp into the hot oil and fry until opaque, about 3 minutes. Remove an drain on paper towels.
- Place shrimp in large bowl and drizzle with sauce. Toss to coat well and then place onto serving plates and top with the glazed walnuts.
- Optional Sesame seeds for garnish.