This is a wonderful way to enjoy cucumbers.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 - 8" long (approx.) cucumbers
- add 1/2 Cup minced shallots
- add 3 Tbs. butter
- add 6 Cups chicken stock
- add 1 1/2 tsp. wine vinegar
- add 1 1/2 tsp dried dill weed or tarragon
- add 4 Tbs. Cream of Wheat cereal
- add 1 Cup sour cream
- add Salt and pepper to taste
- add Garnish: Sour cream, minced fresh dill or tarragon (Parsley is okay)
- Peel cucumbers and slice into chunks, saving a few thin slices for garnish.
- In soup pot, cook shallots in butter until tender, add the cucumber chunks, chicken stock, vinegar and herbs. Bring to a boil and stir in the Cream of Wheat. Lower to a simmer and cook partially covered for 25 minutes.
- Puree in food processor or blender and return to pot. Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bows or cups and add garnishes.