This is addictive!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 Cups heavy cream
- add 1/2 Cup sugar
- add 4 Large egg yolks
- add 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- add 1/3 Cup sugar for caramelizing
- Preheat oven to 300?
- In saucepan over med. heat, combine the cream and sugar - cook and stir for 5 to 6 minutes until little bubbles appear around the edge of pan.
- Beat egg yolks with vanilla until smooth, then SLOWLY pour into cream mixture, continually beating.
- Strain through a sieve into a clean bowl and then pour into 4 ramekins.
- Place ramekins in baking pan filled half-way up with hot water.
- Bake until set about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove, cool a bit and then place in refrigerator to chill 3 hours.
- Sprinkle sugar over the top and torch until top becomes golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.