Spoon it over poached eggs or an omelet, or add a few cooked shrimp and pour over rice for a terrific supper dish. Prepare this sauce no more than one day in advance. Rewarm over low heat before serving.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- add 3 large tomatoes
- add 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- add 1 medium green bell pepper
- add 1 pinch cayenne
- add 1 clove garlic
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 1 medium onion
- add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- add salt & freshly ground black pepper
- add 1 cup brown stock
- Melt the butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the pepper and onion and saute until transparent, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then add the mushrooms and saute 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in the stock, garlic, and tomatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and thyme and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the sherry and serve very hot.