Crole sauce can be served over beef or lamb croquettes or other unseasoned meatballs.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 1/2 cups celery
- add 1/2 cup onions
- add 1 can tomato paste
- add 2 cups water
- add 1 pinch oregano
- Place all ingredients into a sauce pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 2 hours.
- At the end of the cooking time, check the sauce for thickness.
- If the sauce is thin, thicken it with 1/4 cup cornstarch dissolved in cup of water.