From the Crisco website.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon paprika
- add 1 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 cup milk
- add 1 (2.5-3 lb) frying chicken, cut up or use chicken pieces
- add Crisco shortening (for frying)
- add 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- add 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- add 1 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1 egg
- Combine milk and egg in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine flour, garlic salt, paprika, pepper and poultry seasoning in paper or plastic bag. Add a few pieces of chicken at a time. Shake to coat.
- Dip chicken in milk-egg mixture. Shake second time in flour mixture. Skillet or deep fry in Crisco (see below).
- To skillet fry, heat 1/2 to 1-inch Crisco to 365° in electric or in large heavy skillet on medium-high heat. Brown chicken on all sides. Reduce heat to 275° or medium-low heat. Continue cooking until chicken is tender about 30-40 minutes. Do not cover. Turn chicken several times during cooking. Drain on paper towels.
- To deep fry, heat 2 or 3-inches Crisco to 365° in deep fryer or deep saucepan. Fry chicken for 15-18 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- For extra spicy chicken, increase black pepper to 2 teaspoons and poultry seasoning to 1/2 teaspoon.