This recipe is absolutley delicious! It is not only tasty but has a wonderful crunchy texture with the almonds, water chestnuts & cornflakes cereal. Recipe is from Southern Living, SEPTEMBER 2003
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- add 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- add 1 cup crushed cornflake cereal
- add 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- add 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- add 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- add 1 cup chopped celery
- add 1 small onion
- add 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup or cream of celery soup
- add 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- add chopped fresh parsley
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Stir together cooked rice and next 10 ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with cereal.
- Bake at 350
- for 30 minutes (I bake it longer) or until golden and bubbly.
- Garnish, if desired.
- Note: Freeze casserole up to 1 month, if desired.
- Thaw casserole in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake, covered with aluminum foil, at 350
- for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, and bake 15 minutes more or until thoroughly heated.