Heres a recipe I found in the Calgary Herald and thought I'd share it. I'm going to use it for Christmas with the vegetable stock for my vegetarian so I will add my comments after Christmas.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- add 1/2 teaspoon savory
- add 1 tablespoon ground sage
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- add 12 cups lightly toasted bread
- add 1 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 cup diced tart apples
- add 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add 2 cups chopped onions
- add 1 teaspoon ground marjoram
- add 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- In a large fry pan saute onions, celery and apple in butter until onion is just translucent.
- Stir in sage, marjoram, salt, pepper, savory and thyme.
- Combine vegetable mixture with the bread cubes and parsley.
- Toss well.
- Pour stock over mixture, tossing well.
- Spoon into your crock-pot.
- Cover and cook on high for one hour.
- Reduce to low and continue cooking for 2-3 hours, stirring every hour.