I decided to try and see how this would work and it worked out well.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 lb chicken breasts
- add 1 yellow onion or 1 large leek chopped
- add Baby carrots (1.5 handfuls), chopped
- add Celery (3-4 stalks), chopped
- add 2 cloves garlic ? crushed/minced
- add ? tsp dried thyme
- add 1 tsp dried dill
- add 1 tsp cayenne or to taste
- add 1 bay leaf
- add Salt and pepper to season
- add Chicken broth to cover (2 cans?) ? next time I might try 1 can cream of chicken soup and 1 can chicken broth to thicken it more
- Bisquick or buttermilk pancake mix ? follow biscuit directions for amount desired.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown in a skillet and cut into smaller pieces.
- Put all ingredients into the slow cooker and cover with broth/soup. Cook on low for 8 (you can go longer) hours.
- Mix up dumpling mix.
- Mix together 2 Tbsp flour mixed with 1 T. water and add to soup. Stir.
- Add dumplings and cover. Turn on high and cook 45-55 mins longer til biscuits are dry-ish.
- Can be served with egg noodles, which might make it a bit heartier.