I orginally got this recipe from WW. It's become such a staple around our house. I've added a few more veggies to it to make it a more complete meal. It's designed for a smaller crockpot, so if you have a large one, just double the recipe. Chicken can be thawed, partially thawed or even frozen; just adjust the cooking time. Fast, easy and oh so delicious.
- add 1 small onion
- add 1 1/2 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- add 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- add 1 small green pepper
- add 1 (28 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- add 1 small zucchini
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot, stir to mix.
- Simmer on low for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 6 hours.
- Serve over brown rice or any type of pasta/noodle.
- Note: Bone-in chicken thighs can be used but boneless is easier; 1-1/2 lbs should be about 8 thighs.