This is absolutely the best dressing I have ever had and so simple to make. Put it in the crockpot and forget it. Hope you enjoy (Update) I have also made this with Rita's Corn Bread with Jalapeno & Cheddar Cheese recipe #50379 and just left out the cheddar cheese and it turned out great)Update: I omitted the salt after SusieD's review. Just add to your liking. I have recently made this and added chopped up chicken to it and it's excellent.
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add 1/2 cup celery
- add 4 eggs
- add 8 slices day old bread
- add salt
- add 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth or turkey broth
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons sage or poultry seasoning
- add 6 cups cornbread, . (cooked, The box cornbread mixes such as jiffy will make this sweeter)
- add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1 medium onion
- add 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- Lay your bread out on the counter the night before you prepare the dressing so that it will dry.
- Crumble the breads.
- Add all other ingredients except butter.Salt to taste.
- Pour into a sprayed crockpot.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.