This is such an easy sauce to throw in the pot in the morning, then forget about it until you're ready for dinner! You may also add any vegetables you like or 1-2 lbs. browned meat.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- add 1 tablespoon sugar
- add 1 teaspoon chili powder (more or less to taste)
- add 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- add 6 cloves garlic
- add 3 bay leaves
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- add 1/2 cup chopped onions
- add 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- add 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- Place all ingredients, except parmesan cheese, in a crockpot.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Turn crockpot on low for 8 hours, more or less, until you are ready to eat.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese while pasta is boiling.