I saw Emeril prepare this and I was drooling! Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2002. Inactive prep time 1 hour, 15 minutes.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add zucchini
- add 2 red bell peppers
- add sliced mushrooms
- add 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- add 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves (optional)
- add 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- add 2 heads garlic
- add 1/4 cup roasted garlic
- add 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- add 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- add 1/2 lb feta cheese
- add blanched asparagus spears
- add sliced fennel
- add sliced cucumbers
- add salt
- add 2 teaspoons olive oil
- add 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (garnish)
- add baby carrots
- add 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- add jicama
- add ground black pepper
- ROASTED GARLIC:.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the garlic on foil-lined baking sheet and rub 1 teaspoon of oil into the top of each head.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and place cut sides down, on baking sheet.
- Bake until the cloves are soft and golden, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Squeeze each head of garlic expel the cloves into a bowl.
- Mash into a paste.
- Set aside until needed.
- *Note: Each head of garlic makes approximately 2 tablespoons of roasted garlic.
- PREPARE DIP:.
- Roast the pepper by placing them on an open glas flame, turning them frequently with tongs until all sides are charred black, 7-10 minutes.
- Place in a plastic or paper bag, and cool for about 15 minutes.
- Peel the peppers, remove the seeds and stems, and discard.
- Coarsley chop the peppers.
- Transfer the peppers and garlic to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the cheese and process until smooth.
- With the machine running, add 1/4 cup of the extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice in a steady stream through the feed tube.
- Add the basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and process until smooth.
- Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Transfer to a decorative bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Before serving, drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Serve cool or at room temp, with assorted crudite for dipping.