Servs: 6 Prep:
There are always plenty of fresh cucumber from friends summer garden.. so, why not enjoy the summer with this wonderful fresh & cool cucumber recipe..
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2, large (about 14 to 16 inches total length) cucumbers
- add 1 large green bell pepper
- add 6 romaine or large curley leaf lettuce leaves, wash dried and coarsely chopped
- add 2 scallions or 1 well washed leek, coarsely chopped, (white and tender green)
- add 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves (I used about 1/2 cup because I really like the flavor)
- add 1/2 cup bottled or canned salsa verde
- add 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced, optional
- add juice of 1 lime
- add 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 1 cup regular or reduced fat sour cream or greeck yogurt
- add 1 cup none fat or reduced fat milk
- add Pinch of sea salt and dash of ground white pepper to taste
- add Tabasco to taste
- Finley chopp about 1/4 of cucumber and half of the bell pepper and set asided. Coarsely chop the rest and place in a food processor along with lettuce, scallions or leek and cilantro. Process until pureed but still with texture. Place in large container. Stir in reserved cucumber and bell pepper.
- Add remaining ingredents and stir gently to combine. Adjust seasoning a pinch of salt and dash of pepper at a time. Mixing and tasting after each addition. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until serving. Best served within 2 to 36 hours. Serves 6.