This is quick easy recipe start to finish 30 minutes. You may also make ahead reheating just before dinner. If you prefer substiture Beef, pork or lamb for the chicken . The condiments make this dish very attractive to serve. I use the entire package of Glico making the curry medium hot but test as you add the cubes I tend to like spice.. It does look a bit like a Sundae with all the condiments on it. There ae many other condiments that you can serve - raisins, chopped apple, fresh peach etc..Serve with whole wheat Chapatis or whole wheat tortillas. I usually allow 2 per person.. Cook more rice than suggested if you are serving to large appetites
- add 1/4 cup coconut, coarse, unsweetened (optional)
- add 1 lb minced chicken or turkey
- add 3/4 cup tomatoes
- add 2 bananas
- add 1 cup mango chutney or other favorite chutney
- add 1 cup long grain rice
- add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- add 1/2 cup sweet onions
- add 2 chapati, per person (optional) or 2 whole wheat flour tortillas, per person (optional)
- add 4 ounces cake of glico hot curry (Japanese Curry cakes)
- add 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- add 4 garlic cloves
- add 1 1/2 cups onions
- Boil your rice and keep warm.
- In a large fry pan saute the onion & garlic for apprx 3 minutes.
- Add minced chicken/turkey and stir breaking up any lumps, cook over medium heat until the meat is is lightly browned 10 minutes.
- Pour in the broth & Water.
- Break up the curry cake into separate cubes, add 3, allow to melt, taste and add more if you like it a bit hotter.
- Stir & simmer apprx 5 minutes or until the curry has thickened.
- Warm your tortillas/chapatties wrapped in foil and into a 350 oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile get your condiments ready and place each in aseparate bowls. Mix the tomato & onion together if you wish.
- Place a serving of rice in a bowl top with curry add condiments. You may do this before serving at the table or let each person add their own condiments at the table.