I like to add in a couple tablespoons of fresh lemon juice also! Please adjust the curry powder to taste. This recipe will make four about 3/4-inch patties but can easily be doubled. Plan ahead the patties need to chill for 1 hour before frying.
- add 1 teaspoon curry powder (can use more to taste)
- add 1 (15 ounce) salmon (use red or pink salmon, drained and bones removed)
- add 2 large eggs
- add oil (for frying)
- add 2 green onions
- add 1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs (more if needed)
- add 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- add salt and black pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- add 1 small apple, peeled and finely chopped (about 1/2 cup chopped apple)
- In a bowl break up the salmon with a fork; add in eggs, apple, bread crumbs, onions, mayo, curry powder and paprika; mix to combine well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (if the mixture is too soft add in a little more bread crumbs if needed).
- Shape into four patties; place on a plate, cover and chill for a minumum of 1 hour to blend the flavors.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat; add in the patties and fry until golden brown (about 4-5 minutes per side).