i whipped this up for dinner last night after a week of working many long hours. this was quick, easy and tasty. i steamed some jasmine rice in the rice cooker while i prepared this, and served this with my asian slaw. the leftovers were just as good the next day for lunch.
- add 2 teaspoons curry powder
- add 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 2 cups frozen green peas
- add 1/4 cup white wine
- add 1/2-1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- add 1 lb shrimp
- add 6 ounces shiitake mushroom caps
- add 1 lime, juice of
- add 3 scallions
- add 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- add cooked rice
- add 2 cloves garlic
- in a skillet melt butter.
- add garlic and mushrooms.
- sprinkle with curry powder, stirring.
- add shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- in a large bowl whisk coconut milk, lime juice and wine with cornstarch, until well blended.
- pour into skillet,stir in sambaal olek to taste.
- bring to boil,stirring, and lower heat to a simmer.
- cook until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- add the peas, cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- add scallions, stirring.
- serve over rice.