All ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste. Add in some chopped peeled cucumber if desired. If you are not a ginger lover then omit the fresh ginger. Plan ahead this salad needs to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- add 1 cup sliced almonds
- add 1 large carrot
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (or to taste)
- add 1 1/2 cups feta cheese
- add 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, well drained and rinsed (garbanzo beans)
- add 4-5 green onions
- add 1-2 tablespoon curry powder
- add 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- add 1/2 cup olive oil (or to taste)
- add 2 1/4 cups water
- add 7 cups broccoli or cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- In a large sausepan stir the curry powder over medium heat until fragrant and toasted (about 1 minute).
- Add in 2-1/4 cups water with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add in veggie florets and carrots to the saucepan with the water and curry; bring to full a boil, cover and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and mix in couscous; cover and let stand until the couscous softens (about 5-6 minutes).
- Transfer the couscous and veggies to a large bowl.
- Mix in garbanzo beans, oil, wine vinegar,minced fresh ginger; toss to combine.
- Cool to room temperature or chill (make certain that the couscous is completely cooled or the feta will melt).
- Add in feta cheese, green onions and toasted almonds (if using); toss to combine.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for a minumum of 2 hours before serving.