I serve this sauce, along with my recipe #56293 for Rum Sauce (which is VERY rich) over my Christmas Pudding. Its also good over other puddings & fruit.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 egg yolk
- add 1 3/4 cups half-and-half
- add 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- add 1/8 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 3 tablespoons sugar
- Combine all ingredients, except vanilla, in a heavy pot.
- Cook, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens& will coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla& refrigerate in a covered container.