Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce
This is a pretty simple recipe. It's a pretty small batch, so you may want to double it. The recipe needs no dairy-free cheese, but feel free to add some or sprinkle on top.
- 3-4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1-2 garlic clove
- black pepper
- 3/4 cup plain soy milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add minced garlic and lightly saute just until fragrant.
- Stir in the flour and stir for about one minute. This will be thick.
- Slowly pour in the milk.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano and nutmeg.Stir until creamy and thick.
- Turn off the heat and stir in nutritional yeast.
- Serve over your choice of pasta.