This dip is so easy to make and everyone loves it! At every potluck, if I don't bring it, my invitation is immediately revoked! A good friend made this one night for a 'girl's night' at her house. I adjusted the ingredients a bit, and the rest is history. I like to make this the night before so the flavors have a chance to develop. The dip is thick and will break your chips, so it's best spooned onto a plate to enjoy!
- add 1 taco seasoning
- add 16 ounces low-fat sour cream (regular and fat free can also be used)
- add 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese
- add 1 guacamole seasoning mix
- add 1 small firm tomato
- add 2 ripe Hass avocadoes
- add 16 ounces spicy fat-free refried beans (regular can be used)
- add tortilla chips
- add 1/2 small red onion
- add 2 1/4 ounces sliced black olives
- In a 9x9 inch dish, spread refried beans as the first layer; sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- In a small bowl, mash avocados and mix in guacamole mix.(You can usually find packages of guacamole mix next to the avocadoes in the produce section).
- Spread on top of the beans as the next layer; sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix packet of taco seasoning with the sour cream.
- Add as the next layer; sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Add olives, tomatoes and onion as the next layer to the dip and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Refrigerate at least one hour, until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!