This recipe is posted for the World Tour 2005 RecipeZaar event. It's from Scandinavian Feasts by Beatrice Ojakangas. I made it with our Thanksgiving dinner this year, and everyone loved it.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 sweet onion
- add 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- add 1/2 cup cucumbers, sliced paper-thin (about 2-inch section of cucumber)
- add 1/4 lb danish blue cheese
- add 1 pinch dry mustard
- add 1 bunch radishes, cleaned and thinly sliced (small baby sized radishes)
- add 1 pinch salt
- add 1 pinch pepper
- add 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add 1 pinch sugar
- add 1 quart lettuce leaves (small new tender garden lettuce, or butter lettuce)
- Wash and dry the lettuce and place in a serving bowl.
- Add radishes, cucumber, and onion.Sprinkle with the blue cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, mustard, sugar, and vinegar.Whisk in the salad oil.
- Just before serving, stir the dressing again, and pour over the salad.