Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
I have lot of fresh potatoes at home and I want to try something different rather than to have baked potatoes or mashed potatoes or potato salads.. I always love hot soups and I decided to find the recipes online. I found a very good soup online.. I tried it yesterday and it was soo delicious! My husband loves it!! Try it today!!
- add 3 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- add 1/3 cup diced celery
- add 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- add 3/4 cup diced cooked ham
- add 3 1/4 cups water
- add 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- add 1 teaspoon ground white or black pepper, or to taste
- add 5 tablespoons butter
- add 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- add 2 cups milk
- 1. Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
- 2. In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook , stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Stir the milk mmixutre into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately.