My mum has made this for years - I think it comes from a Family Circle box of recipes on individual cards that she has had for as long as I can remember. I love it as it reminds me of home!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon oil
- add 2 tablespoons oil
- add 2 tablespoons vinegar
- add salt
- add 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- add 1 cup tomato sauce
- add 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- add 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- add 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 large onion
- add 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 1 teaspoon curry powder
- add 3 lbs chicken pieces
- Cook chicken in hot oil until golden, then remove from heat, drain and place in casserole or baking dish.
- Cook onion and garlic in extra oil until transparent, add lemon juice, lemon rind, tomato sauce, brown sugar, mustard, curry powder, vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cover and bring to boil, then remove from heat and pour over chicken pieces.
- Bake, covered in a moderate oven 1 to 1 and a quarter hours or until chicken is tender.